These practical qualifications offer a flexible approach – you can learn about working safely online, carrying out efficient searches on the Internet, gain some useful terminology and tips, learn word processing skills to enhance and create your own documents such as CV and other work-related documents, improve your email etiquette, learn how to organise your inbox and stay safe and protect yourself from viruses and create strong, memorable passwords.
Start IT (iTQ) is based on National Standards developed in collaboration with e-skills UK.
No prior qualifications are required.
- IT User Fundamentals (001) 2 credits (Mandatory Unit)
- Interact with & use IT systems
- Organise store & retrieve files and folders
- Understand the need for safe and secure practices
- Responding to common IT problems
- Understand different types of email packages
- Use email software to compos, send & receive messages including attachments
- Creating inbox folders to store, & organise messages
- Common email problems, junk, phishing emails
- Using tools to edit and format documents
- Margins, page layout, alignment and spacing
- Inserting images
- Working safely online –why? how?
- Creating strong passwords
- Using the Internet, using efficient search criteria
- Selecting information that is reliable and fit for purpose